Custom Search 1

20 dead and over 100 injured in tragic Las Vegas shooting

PICTURED: Las Vegas Boulevard went into lockdown (image credit: AP)

AT LEAST 50 people are dead and more than 100 injured after a gunman opened fire at an open air concert in Las Vegas.

Police launched a manhunt when shooting broke out from a skyline room at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on Sunday at 10pm local time.

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) said the suspect was shot dead on the hotel's 32nd floor, but that a search was on for a female companion, Marilou Danley who is now wanted.

Concertgoers had been attending the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival, where witnesses said Jason Aldean, a country singer, was performing.


HUNT: Police are looking for Marilou Danley, 62 (image credit: LVMPD)

According to the Metro, police described the suspect as being a local Las Vegas man who acted alone and was not believed to be connected to any militant group,

Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo told reporters:

"We have no idea what his belief system was. Right now, we believe he was the sole aggressor and the scene is static."

He said rumors of other shootings or explosives such as car bombs in the area were false.

The Voice is celebrating its 35th birthday this year. Share your Voice memories, comments and birthday wishes on social media, using the following hash tag: #Voice35Years

Read every story in our hardcopy newspaper for free by downloading the app.

Annual subscription for The Voice newspaper print edition.

Read more stories like this in our weekly printed newspaper. To purchase an annual subscription and get 50% off, complete the form below and enter the code 'ONLINE2017' - offer ends 30 November.

* indicates required
() - (###) ###-####
Facebook Comments