FIGHTING TALK: Chisora training earlier this year (PA)
BRITISH HEAVYWEIGHT Dereck Chisora is raring to go and give an “explosive fight” against European challenger Ondrej Pala in their upcoming match at the end of this month.
The 29-year-old Londoner, who holds the European heavyweight title, will fight his Czech opponent on November 30 at London’s Copper Box Arena.
Pala is only taking part because Italian Matteo Modugno, originally scheduled to fight Chisora, got injured over the weekend when he broke two ribs in sparring.
The change of opponent has not fazed Chisora, who believes the new challenger represents a bigger threat than the man he was supposed to face off in the ring.
Chisora said: “It's a late change as I've prepared for Modugno, but I like the look of Pala, I reckon he'll give me a much better fight than Modugno would have given me.
“He can definitely bang as his 22 knockouts show and he'll be looking to do some damage to me. As long as he comes forward and attacks and doesn't go on the back foot running away then it will be an explosive fight.”
The big Londoner added: “I'm in the mood to do some destroying on the night and I'll look to break Pala down methodically just like I took Gerber apart.
“I broke him up with plenty of rib crunching body shots and I'll do the same to Pala. One things for sure, I know Modugno wouldn't have stood a chance with my body shots.
“I've got the hunger and desire back and I'm on the road to the world title in 2014.”
The fight comes after boxing promoter Frank Warren said Chisora should replace David Haye as Tyson Fury’s opponent for a February match that looks in jeopardy after Haye had to cancel because of reconstructive shoulder surgery.
Doctors have advised Haye to retire from boxing, and Warren said the “time was right” for Chisora and Fury to have a re-match following their previous clash in 2011, which Fury won on points.