Custom Search 1

Jealous husband gets life for horrific murder of wife

LIFE SENTENCE: Minta Adiddo, 38, fatally stabbed 22-year-old Akua Agyeman before running her over

A JEALOUS husband has been locked up for life for murdering his wife in a jealous rage while their baby slept in the same room.

Minta Adiddo, 38, was given a life sentence at the Old Bailey today (Dec 16) after being convicted of fatally stabbing and then running over Akua Agyeman in November last year. She died from her horrific injuries in January. He will have to serve at least 17 years in jail.

The court heard that in October 2012, Adiddo believed that his wife was having an affair with a neighbour. When the neighbour denied the affair, it led to Adiddo attacking his 22-year-old wife in their bedroom on November 5 2012.

He initially stabbed her with a large kitchen knife as their one-year-old daughter lay sleeping in a cot in the same room.

Mrs Agyeman fled the room and attempted to escape through their living-room window. Witnesses described how they saw him chase the victim across a road and then continued to stab her as she lay collapsed on the ground.

One passer-by, who was tending to Mrs Agyeman, told the court how he then realised a car was driving straight towards them. He managed to avoid the vehicle but watched as the angered husband drove over his wife before fleeing the scene.

One of the last things Mrs Agyeman communicated as she lay injured was her concern for the welfare of her two daughters - the one-year-old who had remained asleep throughout the incident and her five-year-old who was likely to have witnessed the attack.

The jury was told that during one of the first phone calls Adiddo made, he admitted to a relative that he had stabbed his wife and that he was going to kill himself before he was arrest.

Adiddo was arrested the next day, after officers spotted him in the vehicle still wearing a shirt stained with his young wife’s blood.

At previous court hearings, Adiddo had admitted to manslaughter but denied murdering the mother of his two daughters at their home in Enfield. His conviction followed a successful investigation by detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command.

Subscribe to The Voice database!

We'd like to keep in touch with you regarding our daily newsletter, Voice competitions, promotions and marketing material and to further increase our reach with The Voice readers.

If interested, please click the below button to complete the subscription form.

We will never sell your data and will keep it safe and secure.

For further details visit our privacy policy.

You have the right to withdraw at any time, by clicking 'Unsubscribe'.

Facebook Comments