REST IN PEACE: Amy Winehouse
THE SECOND inquest into the cause of Amy Winehouse's death in July 2011, has reportedly re-confirmed that the star died of "accidental alcohol poisoning".
Coroner Shirley Radcliffe ruled that the 27-year-old singer, who famously suffered from addictions to drugs and alcohol, died as a result of her resuming drinking after "a long period of abstinence".
She told the Huffington Post: "[Winehouse] died as a result of alcohol toxicity" and recorded a verdict of death by misadventure. Radcliffe said there were no suspicious circumstances."
"Voluntarily consumed alcohol — a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death," she added.
The first examination was conducted by a coroner who was found to lack the proper qualification for the job.
They also found the same results.