Custom Search 1

Spurs midfielder sidelined for rest of the season

RECOVERING: Sandro (right)

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR confirmed on January 18 that Sandro has been ruled out of action for the entire season after undergoing surgery on his right knee.

The combative Brazil international, 23, went down clutching his leg in agony and had to substituted during Spur’s 0-0 draw against Queens Park Rangers on January 12 at Loftus Road.

A statement on north London club’s official website said: "Following consultation with the knee surgeon, the club can report that Sandro is expected to be sidelined for the rest of the season after surgery on his right knee earlier this week.”

Since sustaining the injury, Sandro – who has played 27 games for Tottenham this season – took to his Twitter account to update supporters of his wellbeing.

"Many thanks to everyone for their support...I'll be fine...to fight again...Come on you Spurs." he said.

“My surgery Went well, now its moving forwards with treatment And rest!”

With Sandro out for the remainder of the season, it is rumoured that Tottenham are attempting to replace him with French international midfielder Yann M’Vila.

Subscribe to The Voice database!

We'd like to keep in touch with you regarding our daily newsletter, Voice competitions, promotions and marketing material and to further increase our reach with The Voice readers.

If interested, please click the below button to complete the subscription form.

We will never sell your data and will keep it safe and secure.

For further details visit our privacy policy.

You have the right to withdraw at any time, by clicking 'Unsubscribe'.

Facebook Comments