Custom Search 1

Trayvon Martin death: Zimmerman launches website

CONTROVERSIAL: George Zimmerman (pictured)

FAMILY OF the man who shot black teen, Trayvon Martin, are launching a website to help raise money to payt for his legal fees.

Hal Uhrig and Craig Sonner, attorneys for George Zimmerman, said: “George Zimmerman's family has set up a website for anyone who would like help with George and his family with their living expenses and for his defense," reports CNN

Neighborhood watch volunteer, Zimmerman, said the 17-year-old had been acting 'suspicious' and claimed he shot him in self-defence following a confrontation in the Sanford, Florida, gated community on Feb 26.

Since the tragic incident the 28-year-old has failed to find employment and his family are hoping that the website will encourage people to financially 'help' him with his living and court expenses.

Prior to the shooting, Zimmerman reportedly worked at mortgage risk-management company, Digital Risk.


VICTIM: Trayvon Martin

The news comes after two vocal analysts disproved Zimmerman's claims that he was the person heard screaming for help during a recorded 911 call before the shooting.

Expert, Tom Owen, who used voice identification software to rule out Zimmerman as the source of the cries, told the Orlando Sentinel: "I took all of the screams and put those together, and cut out everything else."

"As a result of that, you can say with reasonable scientific certainty that it's not Zimmerman," he added.

Subscribe to The Voice database!

We'd like to keep in touch with you regarding our daily newsletter, Voice competitions, promotions and marketing material and to further increase our reach with The Voice readers.

If interested, please click the below button to complete the subscription form.

We will never sell your data and will keep it safe and secure.

For further details visit our privacy policy.

You have the right to withdraw at any time, by clicking 'Unsubscribe'.

Facebook Comments