POLICE OFFICERS in Lewisham are appealing for help to locate a missing 47-year-old man.
Michael Wright is missing from his home address in Adamsrill Road, Lewisham. He made a call to his partner at 3.15am on Friday (Dec 11) and has not been heard from or seen since.
He is described as a slim black man with a small beard. He wears dark framed glasses and likes to wear brightly coloured clothing. He has a tattoo on his upper left arm of a Chinese symbol.
Police are increasingly concerned for his welfare.
MEMBERS OF Reading University’s Agriculture Society have been fined after a controversial night out in the city centre which saw them black up and dress as members of ethnic minority communities.
The society has also been disaffiliated from the Students’ Union for three years with immediate effect following the incident.
The theme of the night that the students in question attended was ‘Agrics on holiday.' However the event prompted a huge social media backlash when some of the students who attended were pictured with their faces painted black.
AN 11-YEAR-OLD boy who had been tipped for football stardom accidentally strangled himself with a blanket during a camping game with his younger brother during the August summer holidays.
Aaron Asiedu and nine-year-old Joshua were using the blanket to make a hammock between their bunk beds when the keen footballer fell and became caught in the material.
Their mother Geraldine, 41, was downstairs with to the boys’ 16-year-old sister Hilary when she heard the desperate screams of her youngest son.
A MAN was told to get off a London bus for preaching the gospel to his fellow passengers.
In a video, uploaded online, the man, who is believed to be Nigerian, is told by the bus driver that the police will be called if he doesn’t leave.
“It’s up to you,” the defiant passenger shoots back at the driver, refusing to move from his seat at the back of the lower deck.
“I am preaching in Jesus Christ,” he goes on. “I have never injured any man, I am preaching the word of life.”
POLICE IN Haringey are appealing for the public's help in finding a missing teenage boy from the Tottenham.
Yves Guede, 15, was last seen on November 8 in the area of Pembury Road, Tottenham.
He has not been seen or heard from since and officers are concerned for his safety and wellbeing.
Yves is a black male, around 6ft 1inches tall and of slim build.
He is known to frequent the Wood Green, Chigwell and Stratford areas as well as other areas in East London.
THREE DECADES since the iconic riots which tore through Tottenham, a one-off documentary into the lives of its residents revealed some of the area’s most compelling stories.
This is Tottenham was broadcast on BBC2 (Dec 2) and featured the area’s parliamentary representative David Lammy.
Writing in the Evening Standard the Tottenham MP explained: “After much discussion, I agreed to allow a camera crew to attend my regular advice surgeries and by doing so to give an unprecedented glimpse into the lives of those who come to ask for my help.”
ONE OF the men who murdered soldier Lee Rigby is suing the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) he lost two front teeth during a struggle with prison officers.
Michael Adebolajo claimed five prison officers assaulted him at London's high-security Belmarsh prison two years ago, but they were cleared of blame.
The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) said it would "robustly defend" the claim.
Adebolajo and Michael Adebowale are serving life for killing Fusilier Rigby near a London barracks in May 2013.
AN INSPIRED passenger tracked down his bus driver who who stopped his vehicle to give an elderly homeless man a £5, and rewarded him with a gift of his own.
Driver Stephen Humphris, from Liverpool, stopped his number 86 bus when he saw a rough sleeper struggling in the pouring rain.
He then asked passenger Faris Khalifa, 27, to hand over a donation to the man, much to the delight of everyone onboard.
Khalifa told the Liverpool Echo: “The driver’s actions impacted upon me greatly.
"It was a Friday night - windy and cold with horizontal rain.
A GROUP of black male professionals have accused a Bournemouth nightclub of racial profiling after they were refused entry into the venue despite booking a table weeks in advance.
The incident, which took place on Saturday (Dec 5), was captured on film by Marcus Leon, who had travelled from London to the venue with 15 friends.
Leon, a secondary school teacher, told The Voice his friends, comprising an NHS project manager and a Ministry of Defence employee, had an annual tradition of reuniting on night out at various venues around the UK.
A LONDON nightclub caught up in a huge race row for refusing to let a group of young black women enter the venue is ‘trying to change the error of their ways’ with a new advertising campaign featuring four black women.
DSTRKT, an award-winning venue boasting clientele such as Rihanna and Drake, was dubbed ‘racist’ and subsequently boycotted by celebrities including MOBO Award-winner Stormzy and former B2K singer, Omarion, after the clubgoers were allegedly turned away for being "too fat" and "too dark".