Custom Search 1

Anthony Joshua speaks out on Miller failed drugs test

PICTURED: Anthony Joshua and Jarrell Miller

ANTHONY JOSHUA has spoken out following news that Jarrell Miller failed three separate drugs tests.

The champ, who was due to fight Miller on June 1, has said said the American doesn’t deserve to fight him or any other heavyweight after the failure and hopes to announcement a replacement by the end of the week.

The IBF, WBA and WBO champion admitted that he was looking forward to “knocking Miller out” in a new video on his YouTube channel. AJ said: “I didn’t want to talk too much about the situation with Jarrell Miller because it’s not in my character to knock a man when he’s down. However, there were a lot of things he said previously, in the press conferences and build up, so I wanted to crack him in his jaw.

“But I know when you’re in a position, you need to lead by example, and I knew that weren’t the right thing to do. But the lesson to learn in this situation is that karma works in various ways and what goes around, comes back around. And I feel like he has taken fate and his own blessings out of his own hands.

“Sometimes be respectful, I know it’s a fight, but be respectful, be appreciative and lead by example. And what he has done is not leading by example. Cheats across all boards will get found out, and hustlers and hard workers will always rise to the top. ‘Good luck to the kid Jarrell Miller, whatever he does with his life, I’m not going to knock him when he’s down, but he doesn’t deserve to be in the ring with me or any other heavyweight right now.

“I don’t know what the future holds, that’s not up to me that’s up to the governing bodies, but they’ll make the right decision and the right call in the situation.”

He added: “And by the way, to Miller’s mum, I still love you and if there’s anything I can do for you, just let me know.”

Speaking on who he would fight next, Joshua said they are looking for “alternative options.”

“We’re currently looking for alternative options. I’ve got another four and a bit weeks of sparring. Whoever the fighter may be, I’m going to keep my chin down, hands up and I’m ready to slug it out with whoever.

“When Eddie [Hearn] called me and broke the news to me, these things happen in sport, that’s why I don’t get up in my feelings with what’s going on, but what I did say is, whoever it is, I’m down to ride. So he’s doing the negotiations, having the conversations, and hopefully within the next 48 hours, 72 hours we’ll have an update for you guys.”

Read every story in our hardcopy newspaper for free by downloading the app.

Facebook Comments