Custom Search 1

Attackers stab 14-year-old boy to death near Leyton

PICTURED: Forensic investigators at the scene in Leyton, Waltham Forest in north-east London where a 14-year-old boy died after he was found with stab injuries

DETECTIVES FROM the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating the death of a 14-year-old boy who was struck by a car and then fatally stabbed in Leyton in what police are treating as a targeted attack.

A crime scene remains in place and police are appealing for information and witnesses including anyone with dashcam footage to come forward.

Chief Superintendent Richard Tucker said: "Everyone is shocked and appalled by this murder. The age of the victim, a boy aged 14, beggars belief and I completely understand the alarm and concern it has raised from those who live and work in the area.

"A crime scene remains in place today as officers continue their painstaking work to piece together the details of the attack. A section 60 was put in place following this incident and is being continually reviewed.

"I would urge the local community to be patient and cooperate where possible with the work detectives are getting on with in the area.

He added: "My officers will be out working to support investigators today and be there to talk to the public and listen to the concerns they have. Neighbourhood patrols will be stepped up in the area and locals can expect to see more police. I would urge anyone with information on the attack to contact police without delay. "

Police were called out to Bickley Road, Waltham Forest, shortly before 6.30pm on Tuesday (Jan 8) to reports of a road traffic collision.

Officers and paramedics from the London Ambulance Service attended.

A 14-year-old boy was found with stab injuries and it has now been established by detectives the boy was riding a moped that had been involved in a collision with a car.

It is believed that three males got out of the car and then stabbed the victim before returning to the vehicle and driving off. Efforts to trace this vehicle, which is believed to be a black Mercedes B Class with extensive frontal damage, continue.

Despite efforts of paramedics, the victim died at 7.09pm and his next of kin have been informed.

DCI Larry Smith from the Homicide and Major Crime Command said: "Everything that we have learned about this attack so far indicates it was targeted and intent on lethal force from the outset. We are doing everything we can to catch those who carried out this cowardly attack and bring them to justice."

No arrests have yet been made.

Read every story in our hardcopy newspaper for free by downloading the app.

Facebook Comments